Cabell Jones, Owner / Developer
- Competition athlete for over 25 years:
- ½ Iron man 5:59
- 10k 40:20
- 2 Marathons 3:35, 3:36
- 5.11-12 Rock Climber
- National Level Free-Skiing Competitor
- ½ Marathon 1:28
- Olympic Triathlon 2:12
- 18 years of strength and conditioning coaching experience
- B.S. in Exercise Science from Virginia Commonwealth University, 2001
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist [CSCS] through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, 2002
- Studied Functional Movement extensively 2002-2006 and opened Active Escapes (later became Richmond Kettlebell Club), which at the time was (and still is, really) the only gym in Richmond, VA focusing on movement oriented training.
- Personal Trainer certification through National Academy of Science Medicine [NASM], 2007
- Functional Movement Screen [FMS] certified under Lee Burton, 2008
- FMS led me to RKC and the kettlebells which transformed the company, 2008
- Hardstyle Kettlebell Certification [HKC] under David Whitley/Karen Smith, 2010
- Renamed the company Richmond Kettlebell Club, 2011
- Russian Kettlebell Challenge [RKC] certified under Pavel Tsatsouline/ Mark Reifkind/ Dan John/ Chris Holder, 2012
- Certified Kettlebell-Functional Movement Screen [CKFMS] certified under Brett Jones/ Gray Cook/ Mark Snow, 2012
- Strong First certified instructor, 2012
Personal: I have 3 awesome kids….Gavin, Carina and Morgan. I like to ski, climb, and play bluegrass music!
Contact Cabell at firstname.lastname@example.org.